Red, White and Blue Cheesecake
July 6, 2017
Celebrate National Cheesecake Day on July 30!
- 28 chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- About 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- About 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Grind wafers fine in a blender or food processor (about 1 1/2 cups crumbs).
- Stir together cookie crumbs and butter. Pat the mixture onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a 9 1/2-inch pan. Chill the crust for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325o.
Beat cream cheese until it is lightand fluffy. Add sugar gradually.
Beat in flour; add eggs, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream, zests, salt and vanilla extract.
Pour the filling into the crust and bake the cheesecake in a foil-lined shallow baking pan in the middle of the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake stand in the oven with the oven door propped until it is cooled completely.
Arrange the raspberries on top of the cheesecake in a star shape and arrange the blueberries around the star to cover the top of the cheesecake.